Independent Freelance Art Buyer / Art Producer / Creative Maven
(remember, contact info is for job opportunities only, no solicitations please)
In a Nut Shell
Angela has been in the creative industry as both an art producer and line producer for 10 years and has worked at award winning agencies such as Arc Worldwide, DDB Chicago, and Vitro Agency on packaged goods, technology and liquor/beverage accounts. In addition to her creative production background she also brings a deep background in account management, integrated marketing strategy as well as new biz development in start up environments (a go-getter mentality).
She brings a creative-based approach to cultivating ideas, executing campaigns, developing brand stories and new business growth. She successfully leads and motivates multi-functional teams to orchestrate large-scale productions. She’s recognized for her work ethic, tenacity, loyalty, negotiation skills, entrepreneurial spirit, fostering collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues and agency partners. She believes in people and purpose. Driven by collaboration, refined execution and thrives in a results-oriented environment.
What Does She Do?
- Coordinates photo shoots including on-set supervision
- Sources photographers, videographers, CGI artists, retouchers, illustrators, typographers and out of the box artists
- Remains on the forefront of new artists and trends to help elevate the agency and its brands
- Expert negotiator of fees and contracts
- Oversees art origination/asset output within the agency from a creative development phase through shoot, execution to invoice reconciliation
- Estimates production timelines and budgetary needs
- Manages large budgets and stretching challenged budgets
- Coordinates casting and talent bookings
- Sources stock images and negotiating usage fees
- Clears image rights and obtains permission to produce
- Oversees art origination/asset output within the agency from a creative development phase through shoot and completion
- Lead brand strategy look and feel development efforts
- Visually translates ideas into new business pitches and presentations
- Collaborates with creative teams from concept through execution to ensure creative and brand goals are in alignment
- Manages the creative process in a solution-oriented manner
- Ability to pitch creative concepts to clients which has consistently won new business opportunities
- Crafted numerous RFP proposals that has won new business
- Ability to develop deep client relationships to grow an existing piece of business
What Brands Has She Worked With?
Brands I’ve been blessed to work with: Coca-Cola, Corona, Pacifico, Modelo, Newcastle, MillerCoors, Budweiser, Samsung, Sony, Frito-Lay, Tropicana, McDonald’s, United Airlines, Starbucks, TAZO, Johnson & Johnson, Nature Made, Gatorade, Propel, Asics, Nestle Foods, Proctor & Gamble, Kyocera-Wireless, Cobra Golf, Shure Microphones, School Specialty.
Where Does She Live and Where Would She Work?
Angela is based in San Diego but is happy to travel for shoots as needed. She is also open to working on site at agencies in San Francisco, Chicago, NY, LA and Seattle and Portland. She is also available to work remotely.
Want to Know First Hand What It Is Like To Work With Angela?
Angela Harken Recommendations
What Are Some Fun Projects She Has Worked On?