Freelance Art and Integrated Content Producer
In a Nut Shell
“Curiosity is the constant source of happiness” – Alice Munro
Carol’s love affair with art production is rooted in her deep and abiding curiosity about art and life. Every project offers a unique opportunity to learn some new technology (3D projection mapping), discover unknown talent (find me someone who can make a sculpture with Chex Mix), and track down that elusive visual for a pitch (I need an overweight post-menopausal woman riding a seesaw).
Carol spent the majority of her career at DDB New York working for such diverse clients as Seagram, ExxonMobil, NY Lottery, Philips, Johnson and Johnson, Unilever, Merck, Pepsi, Hershey, Reebok, and General Motors. She has overseen global productions with million dollar budgets, but she is equally adept at finding creative solutions for projects with little to no funding. Her proven eye for finding just the right talent is unmatched, particularly in the area of illustration. She is a skilled negotiator, problem solver and a cool, unflappable manager of people and personalities.
What Does She Do?
- Research and source photographers, videographers, illustrators, CGI/3D arts and stock photography
- Recommend artists best suited to match the creative vision of agency and client
- Estimate and negotiate production budgets
- Develop and manage timelines to keep creative team on track and deliver assignments on schedule
- Negotiate use and reuse fees for talent. Book and coordinate talent and talent payment. Prepare model contracts and releases
- Interpret copyright law and other licensing issues to protect agency and clients from lawsuits
- Provide “Soup to nuts” photo shoot coordination including photographer selection, casting, scouting, styling, managing shoot logistics and acting as producer on set
- Unearth find compelling images for new business pitches, moodboards and client presentations
Where Does She Live and Where Would She Work?
Carol is based in the NYC and she is available for Remote work as well.
What Are Some Fun Projects She Has Worked On?